Monday, August 13, 2007

Bethany Beach here we come....

Well the Gazes, O'Connells, Alexanders all of them, and Maryann headed to DE for a week of family fun. It was great to share all the great times Will had shared as a kid with our children and family! We hit the beach every day, and the pool as much as possible. Will was able to hit his favorite restaurant, Warrens, a few times! The boys played golf one day, kids played putt putt, and we did a little bit of shopping. I didn't take one picture. It was crazy, but I was just in the moment. Sitting back and watching Will enjoy playing with Jackie Rose, looking at Willie amazed at how big he is getting, watching my parents enjoy the freedom of retired life and not worrying about work! It was an amazing week. I love my family and am so blessed to have such a close nit gang!

We were there from Saturday to Saturday. On Friday, my sister in law held a memorial service to spread her mothers ashes across the waters of DE were she and her family shared so many wonderful memories. I wanted to share with you all that Pat was an amazing women. She loved her children and Daniel so much. You could see that every time we were together at family functions. She was passionate about her family. Kathy Jo is the spitting image of her mother. I look at her and I see so much of her mother. I know that her mothers memory will live in all of us forever.... I am so thankful for Pat, with out her we wouldn't have Kathy Jo, who makes my brother so happy and puts up with him!!! And we wouldn't have my wonderful loving handsome nephew... who if you cant tell my family just adores..... So thank you to Pat for giving us a great family and for showing us how important it is to love hard and live for the now!

Well enjoy what pictures I have... sorry i don't have pictures of everyone,,, but its all good.









Dad enjoying the beach.

Say cheese!


Yes its me,, I love the beach.


Jackie is to the left boogie boarding.. love it!



Pen and baby Andrew in her belly!


The O'Connells and Willie in his Bumbo








2 comments:

Sara O said...

What a great week! Lots of fun memories! Too bad we didn't get a pic of our mens sneaking up on us on the boardwalk on our date-night! That would have been a great shot! There's always next year!!

the thorntons said...

I love that your family is so close...they always welcome Ryan and me with open arms and make us feel right at home! I can't believe how big little Emma has gotten. I remember her when she was 1 day old! It was great talking to you today. I miss you and the kiddos...and even Will! ha ha :) Love ya!