Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I am a BIG GIRL now!



It happened. Today my little girl showed her momma how grown up she really is. We woke and ate our breakfast and headed off to her school. The entire way their she was so excited to see all of her friends. We got to school and she jumped out of her seat ready to head into the schools front door. I had to help her carry her bag because it was so full of all her school items she had to have. I walked her into her class room and she went and held her friends Lily's hand. It was so cute. Like she was thinking we can do this together. We hung her backpack up , met her teacher, and said our goodbyes in only a few short minutes. I wanted her to get settled, and I didn't want to hover. I gave her a sweet big girl kiss and told her to have a great day. They serve them lunches so if she doesn't like the food, she doesn't eat. But all the kids must at least try one bite. So lets all say a prayer my girl takes this year to learn to FINALLY eat a balanced diet! So I told her to take at least one bite, and she said she would. Then I met up with family for lunch. My aunt asked me how I was enjoying being back in the work force again. I said it was an adjustment on all of us. Today I had off, that is how I was able to take JR to school. I said that its hard, that today I looked in the back seat at Willie and thought how much fun we will have today having some alone time. Before I knew it , tears filled my eyes. I am just reminded how fast children grow. I miss not being able to be with the kids all day. Playing with them, teaching them, watching them grow. I swear it was just yesterday that i brought Jackie Rose home, and now she is a kindergartner! I just hope the time for Willie doesn't go by as fast! Enjoy the pictures! I cant wait to hear how her day went!



Chloe, JR, and Lily

Walking into her class for the first time.

Jackie Rose and Ms. Fowler

Good buddies, JR and Carley

Jackie pointing to her name...

My last picture. The girls sitting on their circle time carpet!


post signature


4 comments:

the thorntons said...

She can't be in kindergarten already! I'm gonna cry...I'm so old! I'm hoping her first day was perfect! Love ya.

Sara O said...

Annnnnddd... she's off! Wow - so big. Time sure flies doesn't it?! I can't wait to hear all about it! XOXO

Sara O said...

Annnnnddd... she's off! Wow - so big. Time sure flies doesn't it?! I can't wait to hear all about it! XOXO

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

She is getting soooo big!! I can't believe she is almost five!! I hope Willie and Jace never get that big!