Friday, March 30, 2007

ST. PATTY'S DAY....

If you know me well, you know that my favorite day out of the year is St. Patty's Day. My ladies in NC helped me to celebrate it last year,,,, and boy did we celebrate. I think I felt the effects of the partying for a week after. This year was MUCH different. No green beer for the new mommy. Although , if i know my kid , I think he wouldn't mind a little milk mixed w/ beer! Ha Ha! St. Patty's Day in VA was SOOOO cold. The wind was ridiculous. My niece , Alex, was in the Manassas Day parade. So of course the family had to go see her and her girl scout troop walk the parade. We were all decked out in our festive green outfits. Alex was too cute. She is the girl w/ the black jacket and waving to her family, who was screaming her name. And a parade wouldn't be a parade unless the United States Marines are involved. The USMC band played some patriot music! It was wonderful to hear! I never get tired of it! What was sad was the parade was dedicated to local marine KIA in Iraq. They had two marines standing at attention throughout the entire parade. It seems everywhere I go I am reminded of the great sacrifices out military goes through. I am a proud marine wife..... I have a great husband and tons of friends that help keep our wonderful homeland safe! Thanks to you all!

I know I got a little deep. Sorry. Hope you enjoy the fun pictures. It was a great DRY St. Patty's Day for me. I had wind burn for a week!





Alex waving at her crazy family!


I never get tired of looking at a marine in uniform!

Willie is wearing green , I promise. It was so cold out there!



Who is that? Yes its Jackie Rose w/ an Afro!



Pop Pop and JR.



The Gang.....


Best Friends, always gotta look alike!





0 comments: