Monday, October 22, 2007

Friends , Family,,,,,,PARTY TIME!!!!

Well, my best friend finally got married Oct 7th. It was such an amazing day. Everything she could have dreamed of! I feel so blessed to have been able to be here in VA to help her celebrate in all the fun festivities that come with planning a wedding! It has been great watching her relationship grow with Alan, and watching her grow into the wonderful young women she has become. Alan has brought out so many more wonderful qualities in Rachel. He has opened her up to so many new experiences and I believe she looks at the world through new eyes since meeting him. They are the perfect pair and totally balance each other out! That is what makes a great couple in my book. Oh did I mention she is soooooo madly deeply in love with that man! Its so great!

I feel like I have been partying for the past 4 months. That is how long they were engaged if you didn't know already. Us gals went to Miami for the Bacherlorette party. And as you saw in the blog before ... it was GOOD TIMES , GOOD TIMES! Between dress fittings and all the other things you need to plan to make the wedding run smooth we got some partying in. Once some of the ladies were in town, we all got together at Carlos OKellys. I used to skip Social Work class every Thursday to hit my Karaoke and drink my beer and eat my salsa. Man those were the days. We had a blast, and lets just say when I drink and let my hair down my tongue has a mind of its own. You know I am feeling no pain if every picture we take has my tongue hanging out. It was fun and a great way to start the count down to her wedding that Sunday. Then Saturday night we had the rehearsal dinner. Which was at a super cute Greek restaurant in DC. It was a great way to incorporate the city they both have come to love so dearly. The food was amazing and yes, another night to party with my ladies. Have I mentioned yet that I miss you guys so much!!! I do!! Then came time for the big day. I was so lucky to be able to be with Rachel on her big day as she was getting ready. I even got to drive the beautiful bride , her sister aka Stephie, Breezy,, my newest best buddy, and of course the wedding dress to White Hall Manor. It was a great ride! It was all so surreal for me. I was just trying to take my time and enjoy all the special moments in my best friends life. It was so amazing. It was great to watch her mom and dad help her get ready, watching there tears of joy as they put her veil on, watching her put her hand on her soon to be husbands shoulders. I cherished every moment. The wedding was amazing. So many Jewish traditions and so unique at the same time. And of course the PARRRRRTTTTTYYY! The food was great, the dancing was awesome, and I have to mention the cake,,, man it was YUMMMY. I totally and not a cake person, but it was really good. Soooo pretty too. Rachel just told the lady how many she needed it to feed and the colors she liked and let her do her own thing. So it was a surprise for her and Alan as well. It turned out awesome!

I hope you enjoy all the pictures, there are a ton! Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Alan Koch! Rach, can you believe it,,, your married. Love you !


At OKellys

Seeing what life would be like upside down..

Deb and Branden..too cute

Still trying to figure this one out!


Yes we dance like this allot!






Man this brings back memories! How many pictures do we have like this?









Me and my Ash!



Gotta love my sis!





Stephie Stephie, we are so bad!












Don't ask! Breeze and I are really close these days!









Rach and I love to be the center of attention!

I am still trying to figure out what these two sisters were doing !


Work it girl , Work it!


Maria, trying to teach me to dance!


Yes, I made her were the sash,,, so what!


Rehearsal Dinner

Alan and Rach enjoy family and friends.


My favorite AZ grandparents.. Miss you guys already!


My extended family, minus Ash, Steve, and of course Alan.


Breeze and Andy


Deb and Will

Deb and Rach

Me and my best friend... what wonderful memories!

Our friendships are truly ones to cherish!

Rachels new family, The Koch's

The Big Day!!!!


Rach once she put her dress on. Isn't she a doll!

Ash, Deb and I . I know we look HOT!

What a sweet mother / daughter moment!

Alan and his parents.

Rach and her parents

The sun was setting, it was so beautiful!

Mom and Dad with Liz, how cute!

Sisters forever!

There engagement pictures, I just loved them!

Isn't that cake amazing!

So in love, So happy!

And we partied all night long!
ALLLLLRRRRRRRIIIIIGGGGGGTTTTTTT!

1 comments:

the thorntons said...

Congratulations Rachel!!! I'm so happy for her. Sounds like all of the wedding festivities were a blast!