Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finish Line......





I just wanted to update everyone on yesterdays USMC Marathon! Will ran and beat his time by 25 minutes from last year! He clocked in at 5:05 . I am so proud of him! And yes, once again he didn’t train. But he pulled through. Kathy and I ran the USMC 10K race, which started 20 mins after the marathon! We beat the time we set for ourselves and clocked in at the finish line at 1:21. I am a little sore , no I didn’t train for it either. I swear I did something to my knee too, but today its just my one calf. So all in all we did great, and it was so motivating to be around the big crowds. Thanks you to Rachel and Alan, who cheered Kathy and I at the finish line. They also helped up run around the city to find Will and cheer him on. We need that extra energy to get around town chasing Will! Thanks to Bryan and Sara for coming out too and helping to cheer on Will! I have to say, you really to need to see your family/friends cheering you on. You are pushing yourself so hard, and to see a familiar face just gives you that extra burst of energy! So know that all who cheered us on , we are so grateful! It meant the world to us.

So with that said, next year’s race is October 25, 2009. My goal for next year’s race, and it’s a year’s notice people , is to have more family and friends out there to cheer us on! We could have everyone spread out to cheer at certain miles. Then at the finish line! Kathy is trying to get me to do the marathon next year with her. OMG, what is she thinking. But if I know myself my fat @#$ will be out there running. The goal of course is always to FINISH the race, but really you have to beat the bridge as they say. You need to get of the memorial bridge, which is mile 20, before they reopen it at 1pm. Yes there are a lot of people who don’t get there in time! UHHH, but I am sure with training and family/friends support we could do it.
Ohh Rahh.. Robin



post signature

3 comments:

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

We are soooo proud of you both!! Great job and I know that you can do the big one next year, start training now!!!! HAHA!

Sara O said...

You guys are definitely crazy, but we are also very proud of you!! XOXO

Sara O said...

You guys are definitely crazy, but we are also very proud of you!! XOXO