Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FAREWELL MY DEAR FRIEND.....



My friend, I had work with for years when I worked in food service, was struck and killed by a car early Saturday morning. She was only 52 years old, had a loving husband, two children, and grandchildren. I am still in sock. I can not believe she is gone.

It is so true, we never know the day nor the hour God will call us home. I am reminded through this tragedy to appreciate the family and friends I have. To appreciate the time we have left on this earth. So many time I get overwhelmed over petty things,,,, but now,,, no longer.

Barb, may God embrace you. I will cherish all of our memories. My family will miss you dearly. Heaven has a one of a kind angel.... we love you.





post signature

2 comments:

the thorntons said...

Robin, I am so sorry! That is such a tragedy, and she was so young. I'm praying for comfort for you and her family. Love you!

the thorntons said...

For the record...I was wearing tennis shoes, not 3 inch heels when I fell. I probably wouldn't have slipped if my shoes hadn't been so flat and slippery. My friends keep joking that they should've fit me for a high heel cast at the hospital. Ha ha!