Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Could my heart ache anymore???

You think I would have learned a few tricks from my first kid. Ha,, ya right. My little Willie is just as spoiled as Jackie Rose was and still is! Jackie Rose slept in my bed for the first 10 months of her life! I was breast feeding and her daddy was away at war. So I thought why not. It was getting me some sleep and I felt safer having her so close to me. I had decided to stop breast feeding when she got teeth,,, lets just say OUCH! (by the way Willie first tooth is already out and growing ) Then I read all these books on how to get your baby in their crib and how its so much better for them and for the parent. I picked a week and started the hardest 7 days of my life! Jackie was sitting up by then so when I put her in her crib she didn't know how to lay down. She would scream her head off for a good 3 hours at a time. I would peak in and make sure she was still ok only to see her bobbing back and forth fighting laying down and being so tired! But on the 7th day, my baby girl slept in her bed for 7 hours straight and did so from that day forth. I swore to my self I wouldn't go through this with my second child. Man I am a big fat lair! My son started out sleeping in his bassinet for the first 2 months of his life. But I was getting NO sleep. Between him and Jackie Rose I was pulling 3 hours of sleep.. and that wasn't straight through. I was going out of my mind and one night I just broke and put him in my bed and that is were he has been ON MY BOOB and IN MY BED. So the other day I decided this is it. I need to grow some balls and just go for it. My son needs better sleep, I need better sleep, and I am sure my husband would like to hold his wife once again! So tonight as I write my blog, I hear my sweet sweet son crying out for his mommy. My heart aches for him. I know that I need to do this, but any of you , especially you mothers out there, know how heart breaking it is to her your baby scream and scream and scream. Tears fill my eyes, and the pain I felt for my baby girl is now back in full force for my sweet little boy. Last night was our first night of this. It didn't go so well. I gave Will 4 ounces of milk to feed him so that he could go to bed on a full tummy but it didn't work out as planed. Turns out Willie hates the bottle. So on top of all of this , I have to some how get his little boy to take a bottle. ( you all know he has never taken a pacifier) So I pray now, God please give me the strength that I need to get through this week. Help my little man learn to fall asleep on his own, let him still feel the deep love I have for him! Let me feel your presence as I will need to have you to lean on!

1 comments:

the thorntons said...

Just read your journal from the night that Jackie slept that precious 7 hours, and remember how worth it this will all be. You are doing what's best not just for YOU, but for HIM too!! Hang in there girl...don't cave. And if you need to call me I'm here for ya! Love & miss you lots! :)