Wednesday, November 07, 2007


My Husband Rocks!!!
My husband ran his heart out the other weekend. He ran the Marine Corps marathon which, if you don't know, is 26.2 miles long. Way to long for my legs to run. His mother and I ran all over DC meeting him and cheering him on! Our adrenaline was pumping hard. I am so proud of Will. He was doing a great job at 10 mile mark, he wasn't even sweating! Then we were to meet him at the 15 mile mark, but we JUST missed seeing him. So we haled butt over to the 19 mile mark and he was sore, but man he was still kickin'. Then it was off to the finish line, were my heart filled with so much pride and joy for my husband. What an accomplishment. He ROCKS! I wish everyone could have been there. It was an amazing moment for us all. We are even going to run the USMC 1/2 marathon in June. (Yes I am crazy but so excited to do something with Will that he loves) Hope you all enjoy the pictures!




This was a great moment, to see Will in one piece and still kicking. He did such a great job. All the finishers get a USMC marathon finisher metal!


My man running at the 19 mile mark heading for the finish!

Taking a drink.


Man isn't he a cutie!

Will eating an orange at the 10 mile mark.

Telling me he lost all of his ID and cell phone at the 10 mile mark. UHH I cancelled it all but was late to see him at the 15 mile mark because of it boo hoo. Someone ended up turning it all in though!
AWE, isn't that sweet!

My WINNER!

Damn, my man is HOT!

The good Lord was shining his sunshine on us all day! It was perfect weather!

The happy and oh so proud wife !

It was great having Will's mom running around DC chasing after Will with me!

1 comments:

the thorntons said...

Woo Hoo!! Way to go Will!! I am so proud of him...and YOU for committing to run a 1/2 marathon with him. Holy cow...I won't be doing that one. Ryan's running a 1/2 in December in Dallas. I think you're all crazy. :)