Sunday, January 27, 2008

The lastest on Willie man...


We had to cancel little Willie’s first birthday party this past Saturday. Friday was a hectic day for the Alexander family! My Uncle Joe went into the hospital because his appendix burst. He is still trying to recover from that. Then my sweet 6 week old nephew went into the ER w/ RSV, double ear infection, and bronchitis. UHH. To top off that day, Willie had his neurologist apt. The plan is to have an EEG next week, and an MRI sometime after that. (he has to be asleep for that one) That doctor also mentioned it may not be febrile seizures due to what we had told him. But all the research we have done leads us to believe it is febrile seizures. At the office, I asked him to look at what is a double pink eye. YUCK. We left Walter Reed , came home and Willie ended up having a seizure. It’s a race against time when it comes to those damn fevers! We had no sleep, he was so sick, green boogies from his nose and eyes! So needless to say the party was off! Then we took him to the doctors Saturday at 12 and they told us he has ANOTHER EAR infection, but this time it’s a double whammy! My poor baby. So they sent us home w/ tons of meds. Jackie Rose and I are just now getting over double pink eye ourselves. Most doctors don’t give meds for that anymore, since its viral and will go away on its own. Thank goodness for eye connections in the family, we got our meds anyhow. Willie has some too, but w/ all the meds and torture we are doing to him now, I figure that could wait. We have an apt on Wed. for a re check of the ear , and hopefully a referral with the ENT doctors. He has had 4 ear infection in 4 months. (can we catch a break or what?) Thursday we go back to Walter Reed for the EEG. So say some prayers that day! For now, Willie is all drugged up on Motrin , Tylenol, and Augmenten. Poor guy. Thank you all for your support and prayers. It’s been so hard for us to watch our baby boy go through so much! Your love and support has defiantly helped us stay strong for our little man!
RC

3 comments:

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear about all the family drama. My heart and prayers go out to everyone. Please keep us posted on little Willie we pray for him all the time. Hopefully after Josh leaves (sometime in February) we will make a trip up your way. We miss you guys terribly!

ThePoeFam said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading about things that have been going on with you and your sweet baby boy! I just got caught up on everything and want you to know that I'm so sorry! I know how it hurts to watch your little one hurting...it's the worst thing in the world! Please know that you are in my prayers and so is Little Willie! I'm praying that the doctors are sharp to find the perfect answer and perfect sollution! You are one strong Momma, that's for sure!!! Take care!

Penny Habib said...

WOW, my Willie Billie does look good with that Irish Hat. HAPPY BDAY little MAN. Aunt Penny loves you.