Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Power of Prayer really does work!




Willie looking out at the snow fall today.

Pumpkin trying to get her lovin' from her little man!

Wear his always happy shirt, trying to stay positive!

My sweet boy , so sick, so hot, so sad!

Mommys baby boy.

The week before he got sick in a hat someone from Wills work made.


Let me start by thanking all of you who sent their well wishes and prayers for Willie! It is a wonderful feeling to know that the Gazes are surrounded by such loving and caring family and friends. We are truly blessed! Willie hasn’t had another seizure since early Sunday morning. Praise the Lord! He has however suffered from extremely high fevers. He has spiked 104’ a few times a day since Saturday. I am happy to say TODAY, he has had a normal temp. Poor guy has little red bumps all over his body from the high fevers. But I can see my little man feeling better by the minute. He isn’t 100% yet, but he is on the road there! We have an peds. Neorealist apt at Walter Reed Feb 22. So if you have time that day , a few prayers would be great! I hate that the date is so far away, I am going to continue to call to see if there are any cancellations. The military is always running a month behind on everything it seems. Will and I have been running on fumes, but no complaints on that. Getting to hold our son and love him, and sit back and thank God for him has been wonderful. Willie has become a big cuddlier the past few days, guess you know he isn’t feeling well when he wants some love. He normally doesn’t want to be held and wants to do his own thing. I have enclosed a few pictures. One is of Willie in a cute hat someone at Wills work made. (that was Thursday before he got sick) The other picture is of Willie sleeping in my lap the other night. He literally crawled to me, got in my lap and fell asleep in just 2 minutes. My poor baby. And the last picture is of little man today. I put his always happy shirt on , trying to keep us positive. You will notice he needs a haircut, but he is still a cutie pie with all that red hair .

Thank you all again! Please continue to pray for Willie. We will forever need to be on top of the slightest fever until age 6. I know that with time, I won’t be so anxious, but as for now Will and I both are like new parents all over again. Jumping at every little thing. Jackie Rose has been great. You can tell she has been having a hard time having most of the attention on Willie, but she loves her brother. She gives him bear hugs and says, OHHHH Sweetie Pie. Its darling!

1 comments:

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

Thanks for the update, we all have been praying that Willie will make a speedy recovery and that this is just a one time nightmare. I know how it feels to have a baby sick and I would not wish what you have gone through this past week on anyone. Please keep us posted and we will continue to pray for your little cutie pie! I can't believe he will be one next week!!!! Miss you and love you all!