Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Day of School.....

Today was Jackie Rose's first day of preschool. We went for an open house last week and man she didn't want to leave! We worked on her teachers name all weekend. When she woke up I asked her what her teachers name was and she was right, Ms. Wilsher. It was so cute. I am so proud of her. I pulled up to the school and I had butterflies in my stomach. It was just yesterday I held her in my arms for the first time and now she is off to school. Were has the time gone? My little girl is no longer a baby. She was such a big girl today. We walked into her class and she was ready to start her day. I walked her over to her hook were she hung up her back pack. Then she went to the story mat with the other children and joined in the playing! I gave my little girl her kiss and hug and told her I would see in later. She said , OK mom, love you too. And that was that. Willie and I left the room and my eyes filled with tears. Today was harder on me than it was for my sweet little girl. She walked in that classroom for the first time as my baby girl, and she ran out today as my sweet BIG girl! UHHHHHH I was so happy to pick her up today, but she said , Mommy, what are you doing here. I want to eat lunch with my friends. Thank goodness I planned a special lunch for her today or she would have been kicking and screaming all the way to the car. So enjoy my pictures..... my baby is growing up right before my eyes!




Jackie in front of her school
Jackie right before she walked into her classroom

My little ham! She found her hook right away!


Giving baby brother a kiss good bye

Sooo sweet! Jackie's desk!

Her joining in the morning fun.

Thought I would take a picture of the other half of the room,, and Willie too.

All of Jackie's new friends! She already is talking about Lanna and Rachel.

My last look at my big girl before Willie and I walked out the door!

On the front door, in that first picture , you could see panda bears w/ the kids names on it. The frog were on the wall out side of the room. I just melt every time I see anything with Jackie's name on it. Yes, they will call her Jackie and will change her name tag. She refuses to believe Jaqulyn is her first name!!!










1 comments:

the thorntons said...

Oh my goodness...I just got tears in my eyes too! It's amazing to me that she is so grown up. Where did the time go?! I miss my little Jackie Rose!! Remember when she used to sleep in the "cubby" behind my knee while we watched Nemo...or Cinderella...or Toy Story...or whatever the Disney movie of the day was!