Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How can I forget?

I over heard someone say that they just wanted to forget about September 11. I just stood there thinking! How could I forget! How can I forget September 11th, my husband is a United States Marine How can i forget the times I sat at home praying for his safety while he was fighting to defend our country? How can I forget THAT day, when I was comforting my sister who was hysterical because her two girls were at the Pentagon day care? How can I forget THAT day, when I was waiting to hear from my family that my aunt was ok? How can I forget the horror my family and I felt until we finally got the phone calls that Dad and Richard ran and searched for the girls, or the moment they finally saw each other and the tears they shed once they looked into their sweet faces. I CANT FORGET. Our world is forever changed. My life is forever changed.

I am filled with so much emotion on this day. I am so proud of my husband and our marine family. They sacrifice so much to give us a safer place to live. I look at my nieces and feel so blessed that they are here on this earth! So tonight I got together with my family and celebrate FAMILY. We should all be grateful for the blessing in our lives. There is no time to take anything for granted. So with that, thank you Will for serving our country. I know its has been so hard to leave your family behind so many times. Know that we appreciate all you have done. That goes for Ryan and Sarah and my 1/6 family! The bond we have is so strong. Thank you all for your support and your sacrifices! Thank you to my family. My heart is so full of love and praise for you all.

2 comments:

the thorntons said...

Amen Sister! I am so proud to say that our husbands defended every American's freedom. It is such a huge sacrifice that is hard to understand. I'm glad you had a good day with your family. Wish we were with you!!!

ThePoeFam said...

Thanks for this great post! We appreciate all your husband does and all you do to support him...after watching Sarah go through it all, I completely admire, respect and honor you wives just as much! :)