Tuesday, May 20, 2008

USMC Historic 1/2 Marathon..

Will, Kathy, and I signed up to run the first ever usmc marathon. We were really motivated after we ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. That was only a 5k. the USMC marathon was 13.1 miles. Will had planned to run , and he ran fast!!! Kathy and I just wernt thinking we would run. She had pulled her ham string about 6 weeks ago and was still healing. Me , well I haven't had a moment to even run and prepare for this. So we were really thinking we would just run two miles and then meet will at the end and cheer him on. Turns out my crazy mother in law got the bug, 40 seconds before they started the race that we should run the race. And Run we did! UHHH. We ran allot of the race, and did some speed walking too! It was amazing, and boy we pushed our bodies to points we didn't think existed! Poor Will was waiting for us at the end of the race, and we were no where to be found. He ran in about 1 hour 50 mins. In the last 3 miles, I told Kathy to go ahead. She had struggled in miles 6-8 , and man I struggled bad at miles 11-13! So in the end Kathy ran in about 3:18 and me in 3:23. When I finally ran over that finish line, Will was waiting right there. He said , Babe, and hugged and kissed me. He had tears in his eyes, and was so proud of me. Man I have to say I am so proud of me! But the PAIN, the PAIN. I could hardly walk that day, and yesterday I hurt so bad! I couldn't even drive Jackie to school. But today is better. Don't get me wrong, I am still sore, but I can function. I had my parents to come over and help me w/ the kids! Man that was a big help! I told Will, I would rather have to give birth w/ no meds than feel the pain I was feeling from this race! OUCH. I am still waiting for Kathy's pictures, so these are from the usmc website. Sorry they are so small! Enjoy!


Me struggling.
Kathy and I trying to stay sane!

My husband is so hot!

Will, Kathy, and I showing off our medals. Then we were off for our massages!

post signature


2 comments:

the thorntons said...

I'm so impressed with you!! I think you're 100% crazy, but I'm still impressed! It took me forever to catch up on your blog because you had posted so many recent pictures. I loved it!

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

Way too go!!! No way I could have done that, I bet you were sore! So proud of all of you!