Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Special Sunday!

This Sunday was not an ordinary Sunday for the Gazes family. It was the day our son was baptised. We were blessed to have Willie's godparents fly in from Texas for his big day. We couldn't have asked for sweeter moment. I was so proud of my son. What a special day it was to show our family and friends the love we all share for Christ. He was so patient, that is until he received his holy water... it was a bit hot. Ok very hot! Poor Willie's head was so red!



To my dearest godparents,

I want to thank you so much for becoming my God parents. I know that my parents chose wisely the minute I met the two of you! I am blessed to see the love that you share for each other and for your faith. I am looking forward to learning so much about our Lord and how to walk these roads that lay before me as a man of Christ. My mommy and daddy will help to guide me and show me the love of Christ. I am humbled to know that you both will help me in this journey and help to strengthen my faith. Mommy always said that God has a plan for everyone. I am so grateful that Gods plan was to have you both be teachers of his word. I love you. I can not wait to grow closer to you and to my savior. Thank you for loving me and for promising to show me the way of the Lord.

Your sweet godson, Willie


What..are you going to pour on my head?

My wonderful godparents, Sarah and Ryan.


Hello,, its hot hot hot... anyone... hello...



I can handle some oil...




Ryan lighting my candle.



My favorite family!!!






1 comments:

the thorntons said...

Thanks Robin...I'm crying now!

Wille,
We are humbled to be the two people chosen to help your parents raise you to be a godly man. It's such an honor for us. But we know that with honor also comes responsibility, so we will always do our best to set a Christ-like example for you to follow. We loved you before we met you, but after this past weekend we love you even more dearly!
Love,
Uncle Ryan & Aunt Sarah